Search This Blog
Sunday, July 8, 2018
First Blueberries 2018
Yesterday during a walk in the park I found my first ripe blueberries of the year. Well they were blue anyway! This is a little earlier than usual. But two years ago we got the first berries on June 29th and they were also much further along - even at that early date. That year on the 29th I even picked 2 cups with Nora (click here to see post). Sadly, I also noticed that this year's berries are a little small and that are not as many as a I expected.
Many of the bushes are covered with little yellow dots on the leaves and I gather that this is a 'blueberry rust' (click here for a description). This is a fungi that apparently effects production and the health of the plants - Oh No! So I am a little worried about this year's blueberry crop. Still it will be better than last year's non-existent crop.
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment