This past Monday my co worker Alex and I did an archaeological survey of the Termination Point area for the landowner, Leisnoi Inc. The Alutiiq Museum through a tribal preservation grant from the National Park service is in the process of surveying all of Leisnoi's land for archaeological sites. Leisnoi wants to know where the sites are located so that they can better protect and preserve them.
This is the kind of work I love to do! We got to wander along the tops of cliffs through old growth spruce forest looking for archaeological sites. When we came to a site we would do a sketch map and document its condition. Is the site eroding - how badly? Is it threatened by human activity or damaged by animals? What does the site represent- is it a village or fish camp?
It seems this spring and summer is going to be pretty busy - I will be doing similar surveys practically every week! Patrick
![]() |
| Alex is actually standing in the main room of a very large multiform house foundation |






No comments:
Post a Comment