Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2020

Old Womens with the dogs



Sunday, the morning after my deer hunt, I awoke feeling a little broken down.  My legs hurt from hiking and my arms hurt from biking.  And I was, and am still, all covered with devilsclub spines tacked on while busting through the brush.  I actually slept until 9:30 AM which is about as late as I can ever remember sleeping in.  

So I was feeling beat up.  Like I had gone mano a mano with Mike Tyson and a lead pipe.  I also knew that the best way to recover is to exercise.  Not doing something hard, but a light hike was in order to help the legs and arms recover.  There was nothing I could do about the devilsclub spines.

And so I recruited Stuey to hike with me and the dogs up Old Womens Mountain.  He suggested Barometer, Sharatin, and even Kashaevaroff, but I talked him down.  I only wanted an easy hike.  And so away we went.  We did not even hike to the true summit of the mountain - I was content with just getting to the flag pole. 

A beautiful hike in the sunshine.  Dogs happy, Stuey happy, and me too!
Patrick








No comments:

Post a Comment