Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Deer Camp

 


Mike and I had a pretty comfy deer camp.  We used a sil nylon tent from Titanium Goat that I had not used in years. The size was perfect for the 2 of us - it is also the tent that we once both used on a 2 week archaeological survey of North Afognak (click here for 2013 survey). So it has some memories.

On this trip we forgot our spitting axe and I had to use the back of the machete to split wood. Also most of the local wood was a little green. But we split up the wood and left it in the sunshine and it all dried out in a day. The little TiGoat stove chugged away and we were warm and happy. We even had a couple of afternoon naps.

Patrick






No comments:

Post a Comment