Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Waves

 


It's been super stormy lately.  All last week it was high winds and rain.  Extremely high winds and lots and lots of rain.  Everything is flooded and a great many trees came down.  And today another storm blew in and it is raining again.  But for a brief moment it did clear up, and yesterday was a beautiful fall day.  

Stuey and I went for a walk on Friday when the sun made a brief appearance.  It had poured all morning and shortly after we went hiking it poured some more.  But while we were hiking in Abercrombie State Park the sun poked through and dramatically lit up all the storm waves.  All around the horizon was still dark from the storm.  The waves were HUGE.  Stuey and I went to Piedmont Point - a little rocky promontory that sticks out over the waves.  The waves crashed against the rocks below us and made loud 'ooomphing' noises.  I felt like Micky Mouse in the 'Sorceror's Apprentice'.

I attached a video of the waves crashing into the rocks at the bottom of the post - it is worth the view.  For scale the cliff down to water is about 50 feet.  Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment