Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2025

Nice Day for a Swim

 


Earlier this week I took the dogs on a walk up to the 'seismic' lake. It was super hot and there was no wind. So when we got to the lake, and there was no body around, I decided to go for a swim too.  So I took off my clothes and jumped into the shallow pond.  It is only waist deep and there is a katmai ash bottom.  The water was perfectly cool but not cold.  

My being in the water totally confused the dogs.  They chased me all around (fast swimmers!) and I was worried about their claws scratching me when they got close.  I figured out that if I swam under water they could not see which direction I went.  So I would go under water and turn and the dogs would continue in the direction I had been going. 

Afterwards I put my clothes back on and threw sticks for the dogs.  Then we headed back down to the car.

Patrick




No comments:

Post a Comment