
The garden is at it's peak and is seriously producing. Snap peas, kale, carrots, lettuce, and garlic scapes are what's on the table for dinner these days. Some of the potatoes are starting to flower. So a couple of days ago I did try to root around the plants and see if I could 'steal' a few new potatoes. I only found 3 tiny ones - so I think I need to wait a bit longer before trying for the new potatoes. Last year's kale is still very good. I eat the new flower stalks and they remind me of broccoli, but I am also letting them flower and go to seed. That way I'll have some new kale next year! And pretty soon I will be harvesting the new kale I planted this year. I have too much lettuce and can barely keep on the pea pods. The slugs did get into the carrots and I noticed that they got all the carrot sprouts near the edges of the bed. I planted some kale to fill the gap and I noticed the slugs tried to get them too. I put down some 'Sluggo' - dog and animal friendly slug neutralizer. So we will see how it goes.
Right now the garden is roaring!
Patrick
 |
| Kale flower |
 |
| snap peas |
 |
| Lettuce and some kale |
 |
| Carrots and slug browsed kale |
 |
| Garlic and potatoes |
 |
| This years new kale and last year's kale going to seed |
No comments:
Post a Comment