![]() |
| Staring down into the abyss |
Sunday it rained, Sunday night it froze, and yesterday it was ice and spring corn snow on the mountain. It was a beautiful sunny day, and the temperatures were in the 40's. I found that on the slopes facing the sun that snow had corned up. So I decided to try the South Bowl. I am pretty sure that I am the first one to ski the South Bowl this season.
At the very top before it got steep it was icy, but I kept going hoping it would get soft when it was steep facing the sun. The doggies and I took the leap of faith and dropped in and it was perfect until it was wasn't. Further down it got less steep and breakable again. And there was not quite enough snow. But hey, it's mid November. I'm happy to get any good turns.
And the sunset was gorgeous!
Patrick
![]() |
| The very top was nice, but lower down not so good. .. |
| As the sun set it got cold quick! |
| tracks out of the south bowl |


No comments:
Post a Comment