This is my dinner from last night. A friend of mine gave me a mountain goat roast, and asked that I give him an honest report of how it came out. So last night I documented the process of cooking up the goat roast and sent him the pictures.
Basically I browned onions in a roasting pan for 1/2 hour at 350 degrees and then added the goat roast and turned the oven off. Later I turned it back on at 170 and waited for the meat to hit an internal temperature of 127. Low and slow! I then browned the outside in a very hot cast iron frying pan.
I served my goat with home fries made from garden potatoes, and fried onion and hedgehog mushroom gravy. These are mushrooms I collected while I was on Shuyak this Fall.
The goat came out great!
And now I will have it for lunch and for another dinner. I do not re heat game because it often tastes gamy and gets tough when re heated. Rather I will slice it very thinly like cold cuts and then pour copious amounts of hot gravy on top. mmmmmmm
Patrick







No comments:
Post a Comment