Search This Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Before and after the storm

 


Yesterday morning Nora and I took the dogs for a walk at Buskin beach before the sun came up.  We knew it was supposed to get nasty so we went for our walk before the storm arrived.  At the beach it was just starting to get light, and it was just starting to get a little stormy too.  But it had not yet started to rain.  We walked along the beach towards the lights of town.  The big high cliffs with trees on the top created a black shadow to our left.  We got in a good walk and then just as we got back to the car it started to rain.

By the time we got home it was pouring and super windy.  Nora went to work and I took a long nap and read a book.  Then after lunch I decided to take the dogs skiing.  

It was still a little stormy when I left town and the mountain tops were all socked in with fog.  And then as we climbed up it cleared off.  The sun came out as we skied down the mountain.  The snow was warm from the storm and the skiing was actually not bad.  One the drive home all the mountain tops were lit up with alpine glow.

Patrick











Icy road on the drive home

No comments:

Post a Comment