![]() |
| First tracks into the North Bowl - Powder! |
A couple of weeks ago we had a warm storm that melted a lot of the snow at the pass and I thought that we were past maximum snow pack. And I was pretty sure that I was done with skiing all the way to the road for the year. But it turns out I was wrong.
Over the weekend we got a cold storm that pasted Pyramid with snow and even deposited a few inches in the yard in town. WOW!
So for the last two days I skied all the way to the road. Yesterday when I started up the mountain it was still lightly snowing. Then the sun came out and it got hot! It was still all powder snow on high, but down low it quickly turned to mush. In the strong sun with the warm ground underneath the snow started to quickly melt. I doubt I'll be able to ski to the road today.
In the North Bowl I had one of my best ski runs of the year. Almost a foot of dry powder and no other tracks - it was all mine! One glorious run.
Patrick
| Monday Afternoon |
![]() |
| This was Sunday afternoon at the pass |
![]() |
| The bottom half of the north bowl run |
| My garlic - buried again! |
| Monday morning - snow in the yard! |





No comments:
Post a Comment