Search This Blog

Sunday, December 24, 2017

My 12 Favorite Photos of 2017

Taken for the Plantlore book to Show a Sphagnum moss lamp wick

Here are my favorite pictures of 2017!  Picking them all out I noticed that I seem to have more people pictures than usual.  Normally I tend to be more heavy on the landscapes. I also noticed that my new water proof camera has made a HUGE difference.  The pictures with the old point and shoot actually have the same number of pixels BUT the color quality is no where near as good.  I just wish I'd gotten a full sized sensor rugged camera years ago!

And on to 2018!  Patrick

Stuey and his soccer team mates seem like warriors

This shows camp cooking really well - Ray and his hedgehog mushroom medley

The color and composition works!  Nora on Pilar

Ayakulik Flats in the Refugium

Ayakulik Camp Sunset - it really did look like that!

Uganik River and the trees changing color - pictures from the plane don't usually turn out

I could not have taken this panoramic with my old point and shoot - the color is detailed and individual images stitched together with no distortion at the edges

This was October 23rd! I caught Brewster perfectly!

Skating with a rising full moon at Abercrombie - I wish I had had my new camera!

I liked this one so much I put it on our Christmas card - the subtle petroglyphs make the photo

Whale pass from the top of Whale Island - I later surveyed all the coastline in sight by kayak

No comments:

Post a Comment