Search This Blog
Sunday, May 20, 2018
KambuCha
Oddly enough Stuey loves to drink kambucha. Every time we go to Safeway he has been buying a few bottles. The stuff is pretty pricy - like more expensive than beer - but hey it is also supposedly super good for you. So it is behavior that I have encouraged.
And then I thought - why don't I make the stuff? This could be fun! And so I did. It turned out to be a long, and pretty involved process. KambuCha is a fermented drink and you need to get the 'bacteria colony' or 'mother' going. I had to start from scratch and it took a while to create a healthy 'mother' that could turn my sweet tea into tangy, fizzy kambucha.
I also experimented with various juices and in varying amounts to get the flavoring down. The photo above is from yesterday, and I think I now got a handle on the whole process. Starting this week I should be making 12 bottles a week. And it really is good. Just like the stuff from Safeway! And best of all Stuey thought so too!
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment