Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Rainy Day Walks


Here on Kodiak it's been raining for week and is supposed to continue raining for another week.  Yuck.  Rainy weather equates to wet dogs with muddy bellies and paws.  I think the worst part about taking the dogs for walks in the rain is getting home.  I generally leave a towel by the door and there is a lot of commotion while I towel them off before letting them inside.  And inevitably there are still muddy tracks and wet spots on the floors and furniture.

But walks in the rain aren't all bad.  Abercrombie's old growth spruce forest is beautiful in the rain.  Misty fog and dripping moss.  It's a muffled silence with the occasional varied or hermit thrush song. And so so green.  I always come out of the woods calmer than when I went in.

The dogs don't mind the wet and neither do I.

Patrick




No comments:

Post a Comment