Search This Blog
Friday, May 4, 2018
Osso Buco on Polenta
This is what we had for dinner the night before last. Elk shank cooked bone-in as 'Osso Buco'. I adapted a recipe that called for olives (click here for link). But I also added mushrooms and rather than 'Gremolata' on top - I served my stew on top of polenta. I fried the polenta in corn oil and served it a little crispy on each side in rounds. The stew went with really well on the polenta. Also rather than sawing up my shank and getting bone dust on the meat I just cooked up the whole darn shank entire. I put it in my La Creuset pot and left it in the oven all day at 170 degrees. When I got home after work I 'forked' the meat off of the bone. Then immediately prior to serving it I cut it up, put the pieces on the polenta, and spooned some of the juice and vegetables over the top.
It was very good. Nora loved it, but I'll admit Stuey was a little skeptical. And the dogs got the bone. Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment