Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2022

Moon over Pillar

 


Driving in to work Friday morning I noticed that the nearly full moon was setting behind Pillar Mountain above town.  Back in the day I repeatedly tried to capture this image but never actually managed it.  I was always just a little late, no or wrong camera, or the day it was to happen the weather would not be right (click here for post, click her for another). Finally I just photoshopped the moon into one of my attempts (click here for post).

Anyway, Yesterday I had my chance!  And I sort of blew it again.  I forgot to change my camera speed setting down from 1/1000 of a second so the pictures ended up really high ISO and look very grainy.  I had set the speed high while skating with the dogs the night before.  Oh well.

In any case, looking back at the pictures I did take back in the day I think I did pretty good.  I also like the ones where I went further across the bridge and could see more of town.  I'll go for that view the next time I drive to town and see that the conditions are right - like once in a blue moon.

Patrick



=
Afternoon light at the house

No comments:

Post a Comment