![]() |
| End of the road - the 'Big Hole' |
Yesterday it warmed up and rained a bit at the house, but where we went to go XC skiing it still stayed primarily snow. Taking the kids skiing can be hard. When we started our ski Nora was in a great mood and Stuey wanted to stay in the car. So I left him there, and Nora and I went for our XC ski.
After a bit I looked back and there was Stuey following on foot. I think he was surprised by the depth of the snow and how difficult it was to keep up on foot. He decided he wanted to go by skis after all. So I raced back to the car and got his skis and boots.
So all was well for while. We skied way up the river to the 'big hole' where the snow shelf had completely collapsed into the river and there was no way around it. By this time Stuey was in a great mood. He loved it when I'd take pictures of him throwing snowballs at the camera. From Grumpy to fun-to-be-around in less than an hour.
Meanwhile Nora has gotten tired and grumpy. Maybe a little Hungry? She swears that in the future no more XC skiing - 'only downhill'.
We make it back to the car and drop by McDonalds on the way home for a late lunch. Nora later admits she had fun. Stuey too. Both loved the canyon and negotiating the holes on skis. Another 'forced family fun' adventure!
Patrick








No comments:
Post a Comment