Search This Blog
Friday, February 9, 2018
Icy Reflection
The last 2 days were clear and crisp with no wind - clear and cold at night and around 40 during the day. Perfect ski weather. Of course it could not last and today it is supposed to rain HARD. And I fear the weather guys might get it right this time. Although I will add the storm is tracking east which means Kodiak might get the backside of the storm, and it would not be a total bust in terms of snow. I predict snow on the mountain and rain in town.
A couple of days ago I went crust cruising up the Upper Buskin River. Many of the ice bridges in the canyon had melted out so I could not go far upstream. But the skate ski conditions on the dry riverbed down towards the lake was GREAT, and it was also pretty good on the beaches along the shores of Buskin Lake.
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment