Yesterday after work I hiked up Old Womens Mountain with Stuey, the dogs and cousin Leo. I had planned on spending the afternoon cutting up the final deer quarter from the weekend hunting trip, but Stuey asked if I wanted to climb a mountain. And then he asked cousin Leo if he wanted to go to - and so, after a quick lunch stop at Subway, we were on our way.
During the hike we met relatively few other hikers. Generally, on a sunny day that particular trail is packed with other hikers. I think that the Adjust Your Altitude challenge has drawn hikers away from the hiking trails that are not part of the the challenge. I bet we would have run into more hikers if we had climbed up the much more difficult Barometer Mountain trail that is a part of the challenge. And that's pretty ironic.
We enjoyed the uncrowded conditions and meandered about the tundra on top of the low mountain. With all the dry hot weather this summer it seems that Fall has arrived a little early. Everything is already turning red and brown. During the hike we decided that on the next hike we will go swimming!
Patrick









No comments:
Post a Comment