Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2019

Heitman


Wednesday afternoon Nora, Brewster and I climbed Heitman in the heat.  For the Adjust Your Altitude Challenge that means 4 down and just 3 to go.  We still have to climb Sharatin, Kashevaroff and Barometer Mountains.  We can do it!

Heitman is another mountain that I had not climbed in years.  When I last climbed up the way we went the first part was bushwhacking.  Now there is a trail that is seriously beaten in.  There are a lot more people out hiking these days than there were 20 years ago.  And that is a good thing.

Wednesday was super hot and the lower parts where the trail wended through the tall grass and brush felt like an oven.  But then we reached the ridge that lead to the summit and there was a stiff breeze blowing - a well received and cooling breeze!

On the way home from the hike we stopped at the Rendezvous for dinner.  As Nora put it, 'I'm dying for a sprite'.  I had a beer and we both had some chowder.

We're ready for the next mountain!

Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment