Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lake Gertrude


Lately it has been HOT on Kodiak.  Every day is sunny with no wind and temperatures in the low 70s.  I read in the paper that we are starting to set some serious meteorological records.  I think it has been 3 weeks now without rain.  Good thing is that my lawn is dying - no mowing! But the bad thing is that the heat is enervating and it is hard to sleep at night.  I don't know how people do it in the lower 48 with temps in the 90s and overnight lows in the 70s - I think I'd die!

To beat the heat the last few days we have been swimming in Lake Gertrude at Abercrombie State park.  We take the dogs and all go for a swim.  Mostly we just stay near the 'beach' and splash around.  The dogs follow us out into the lake and do their thing.  Stuey and his friend Elias have water spray fights.  Nora and I mostly just float around and use the life jackets as float seats.

Great way to beat the heat!
Patrick









No comments:

Post a Comment