Another mountain down and only 2 left to go in the Adjust Your Altitude challenge!
On Saturday Nora, Stuey, Elias (Stuey's friend), the dogs and I headed up Kashevaroff in the noon day heat. On arrival at the trailhead there were no parking places - a lot of other people had decided to climb Kashevaroff. But, as we met them all descending as we climbed up, we realized that they had all started up the mountain in the morning when it was still cool. Very smart - it was hot without a breath of a breeze for our climb.
When we got to the alpine we sat in the shade of a small spruce tree and ate our Subway sandwiches. Then Stuey and Elias decided to hang out by a stream in the wild flowers while Nora, the dogs and I did the summit push. The alpine was glorious and without any brush to impede air movement there was a cooling breeze - Finally!
On top I used the binoculars to check on Stuey and Elias. I could see them in the big bowl sitting side-by-side in the shade of a spruce tree.
Going down went very quickly and we did not run into a single hiker heading the other way.
Patrick
![]() |
| Stuey and Elias battle the heat on the brushy lower section of the trail |
![]() |
| On the top - AYA official photo (proof we made it to top) |






No comments:
Post a Comment