All last week I was out at Chiniak on an archaeological dig. Rather than do the 1 1/4 hour drive back and forth every morning and evening, I opted to camp out. Such a good idea! The weather was great and I had a very relaxed time.
The first day after work I loaded up my kayak with all my gear and went in search of a good camping spot. I paddled several miles down the coast and decided that the best spot was back where I started out. So I paddled back and camped about 300 yards from where I first launched the kayak. Pretty funny actually.
It turned out to be a GREAT camping spot. It faced north so during the day the spot was in the shade - but for the sunrise and sunset it was awash in golden light. Pretty spectacular spot. And every morning is was just a 10 minute walk to get to work.
Patrick
![]() |
| I loaded up my. kayak to find a spot to camp and ended up camping 300 yards from where I started! |
![]() |
| View from inside the teepee |
![]() |
| I added this 'pigweed' (seashore saltbush) from the beach to my dinners |







No comments:
Post a Comment