Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2020

Dog walks, sunrises, and even foxes


It's July and everything is very green and the evenings extend until almost midnight.  But the fireweed is starting to bloom and I noticed that the pushki plants have bloomed and are starting to die back.  Tonight I'll be climbing up a mountain to camp in anticipation of the first day of deer hunting season tomorrow.  So fall is coming.  It'll brown before too long and the pesky lawn will stop growing.

These are some pictures from recent dog walks, and the morning sunrise view as seen from my kitchen.  The fox is one I saw most days in the same spot by the side of the side of the road when I was driving back and forth from Chiniak.  I told Stuey about him and he was never there when I drove by with Stuey.  But last weekend when ferrying cars for our Heitman Mountain hike Nora and I saw him, and I showed this photo to Stuey to prove that he actually did exist.  
Patrick








No comments:

Post a Comment