Sunday the kids and I climbed up Pyramid for the first time since mid May. The last time we climbed up Pyramid we went skiing. Nora was amazed by how different the mountain looks with no snow. She would comment, 'this section looks a lot steeper when there is snow', or, 'wow, I did not realize there were so many bushes'.
We did not find even the tiniest patch of snow anywhere. I think it is the first time in my memory that there is absolutely no snow in the North Bowl at the end of June. Usually I ski through the end of June. Some years we even ski through July (click here and here for some July ski posts - it seems we had more snow that year in July than we did this year in May!). But no complaints - we had a good snow year low on the mountain, and now the wildflowers are pretty for the hikes.
Patrick
![]() |
| No snow in the north bowl |







No comments:
Post a Comment