Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Winter Still Kicking

 


Today I woke up to 1 or 2 inches of dry snow in my yard.  Yesterday morning it was 17 degrees and it never topped freezing during the day.  The crocuses in my yard sprouted greenery, but the blossoms seemed to have stalled.  All this all makes me very happy - winter still has life at sea level after all.  I might even go cross country skiing today.

None of these pictures are from today. For almost the last week we have been getting a nightly dusting of snow, and over the weekend there was a decent dump of new snow on Pyramid.  On Sunday I went up Pyramid with Stuey and his friend during the storm.  They built a jump and snow fort while I took the dogs up to the top.  I did 3 runs which is a little unusual for me. 

Dry snow in April!

Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment