Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Last Ski of Season

 


Yesterday the doggies and I climbed up Pyramid and got in what I think will probably be the last ski of the 2023/24 season. The snow is actually still pretty good.  If it was November and there was a ski run this good on the mountain I would be up there every day.  But it is July, the mountain is getting crowded with hikers, and it is time to move on to other things - like mountain biking or long hikes at sea level or on other mountains.

The doggies and I will miss the snow, but it was just too much of a hike for a not very long ski.  Once the middle of the North Bowl melted out - I was mostly doing the ski as a dog and wild flower hike anyway. Now I will take the dogs for wild flower hikes somewhere else!

Still - in about 4 months we will be back!

Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment