Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Bumblebee

 


These pictures are from a hike I took with Nora and the dogs on top of Pillar Mountain. The sun was shining and there was a riot of flowers. The field was purple with all the lupine and rose orchids.  Nora and I frequently stooped over, and got low to the ground to try and take pictures of the flowers.  Often the dogs would come barreling over to see what we were interested in, and would trample the flowers in their excitement.

I was trying to get a super close picture of the lupine blossoms when a bumblebee buzzed into the picture.  I took a few pictures quick, but I had the shutter speed too slow to catch the wings in flight.  So I adjusted the settings and looked for more bumblebees.  But then I could not find another bumblebee! 

Patrick

fleabane



Kamchatka Rhododendron




No comments:

Post a Comment