The top seven pictures are from Monday while the bottom two are from yesterday. Sunday night it froze hard and I was worried that the mountain would be a sheet of ice. And it did indeed freeze hard. But the skiing was still decent because while the snow pack was concrete hard there was a layer of rime and hoar frost on top. I think it rimed and iced during the storm and then there was just a thin layer of hoar frost on top. So basically I was skiing on carvable hoar frost on top of concrete.
The hoar frost was beautiful and everything was glinting in the sun. As I skinned up all the little crystals flashed like diamonds in the sun.
Yesterday morning it snowed in town and then the sun came out immediately afterwards. After work I raced up to the mountain with the dogs expecting to find deep powder. But it barely snowed on the mountain. Still there were pockets of powder where the wind had drifted the snow, and crust underneath was still carvable. So the skiing was pretty good.
I took lots of pictures and was actually kind of excited about them. But then when I got back home and downloaded them I discovered that they were all out of focus! The camera focus ring had accidentally got set to manual focus. I remember thinking that things looked a little blurry but I just thought it was the strong sunlight and my bad eyes. But no, the whole time I was taking pictures the camera was set to focus at about 10-15 feet.
This never would have happened with an iPhone, and it is the downside of using a real camera. Sometimes just one little button gets switched and you miss the picture(s). Still the picture quality with a real camera is far higher than with an iPhone. It's just that yesterday my fancy camera missed the pictures (LOL).
Patrick
| This one is out of focus - my camera got set to manual focus by accident! |

No comments:
Post a Comment