Yesterday it was 12 degrees with light ocean effect snow and the wind was screaming. I thought about taking a nap and not even leaving the house. Then as I drove out the road my car was chasing and not keeping up with blowing snow on the road. Yikes! That means the wind is faster than my car. It was a nuclear whiteout of blowing snow at the golf course. So I decided to give the more protected Upper Buskin a try. And I am glad I did!
The dogs and I have not gone for a ski on the Upper Buskin in almost 2 months (click here for post). I was a little worried there would not be enough snow or that the river would not be frozen. But there was enough snow on the trail in to the river and the river itself was solidly frozen. There was not enough snow to cover the rocks on the riverbanks so I did not ski downriver. But upriver it was great and the dogs and I skied far up into the canyon.
Best of all it was not very windy. On the way back I started to think that maybe the wind had died down. But we got back to the car and it was still a nuclear whiteout at the golf course.
Patrick

No comments:
Post a Comment