Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2026

Deer and Yard

 

Red alder catkin

All by myself I have continued to try and eat as much deer and elk meat as possible.  Without kids around each dish generally lasts about 3 meals. 

For steak and eggs I keep a deer backstrap in the fridge and cut off round steaks to quickly fry. In the picture below I also added home fries from my garden and poached eggs. I've been liking poached eggs lately because the whites are always perfect and not hard or rubbery. 

Further below is a pot roast I made a few days ago. I cooked the roast in the stew at 180 degrees for almost 24 hours. Then I dished it out on top of a 'Patrick Style' pasta Alfredo. I make my Alfredo with baby bell cheese, flour, garden garlic, milk, thyme and some grated manchego cheese.

Patrick

deer steak and poached eggs on hash browns

Red alder seed pod

deer pot roast on pasta



No comments:

Post a Comment