Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2026

Combat Skiing

 


These pictures are all from the day before yesterday. Yesterday, despite a dusting of snow the night before, there was even less snow. But I still managed to ski all the way to the road. That said, it was not easy!

In places the salmonberries bushes were a bit thick. In those places there is no turning - you just got to go straight. It is best to look ahead and take note of places where you can turn or do a hockey stop to bleed off speed. And then there are all the bumps, stumps, and little stream crossings. Sometimes I have to walk sideways  down the hill so that I don't take a particularly nasty section too fast. There were also a few short sections of no snow. The trick in those places is to point straight and avoid rocks. When on grass it is not possible to turn without wiping out.

In any case, I think that that is it - no more skiing to the road this year. And this is about 2 weeks early. Some year's we even ski to the road until mid May, and there have been years when we skied to the road in late May (click here for May 2008). Last year I last skied to the road on the same date (click here for last year).

Patrick

I came down that!


Good skiing high up on the mountain

Up above the knob the skiing is actually good

A view to the road


No comments:

Post a Comment