It's getting to be late March. The ice in the local lakes is beginning to break up and I noticed that my crocuses are getting ready to bloom. Each day the sun rises a little more towards the North, and pretty soon the morning sunrise will be out of the ocean and rather than over Spruce Cape. The XC skiing at the golf course is pretty much kaput.
But there is still great skiing at the pass. The last few days I have been skate skiing on the crust right from the parking lot. March and April always has the best crust cruising. Just as late April and May is usually when the downhill skiing is at its best. Patrick
![]() |
| The edge sof Lake Gertrude are now thawed and I fear the ice is rotten |
![]() |
| Cottonwoods at the pass |
![]() |
| Panoramic of the cottonwoods at the pass - this is 3 pictures stitched together |
![]() |
| One of my favorite places to skate ski on the spring crust |





No comments:
Post a Comment