Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Snow and Ice

Portage Glacier Ice

At Portage Lake I got to see what happens if lots and lots of snow accumulates and does not melt.  It turns into a glacier.  All blue and sharp.  Pretty impressive.  Then yesterday I got to see lots and lots of new snow on Pyramid.  Deep and soft.  Unfortunately I know it will be mostly all gone by late June.  It will melt and turn into water to feed our rivers and creeks and provide habitat for salmon.

Today it is sunny and it got pretty cold last night.  I am worried there will be a crust on top of the new snow - but if there is not a crust I will have a powder day in the sunshine. I can't wait to get off work and get up there!  Patrick

Pyramid Snow

We got 1 to 2 feet of new snow yesterday!



No comments:

Post a Comment