Search This Blog

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Lion's got claws


Yesterday we woke up to snow flurries and a 'possibly up to 1/2 an inch of snow' forecast.  I just assumed it would be one of those days where it flurried off and on with the snow melting pretty much immediately on contact with the ground.  Then it started to snow REALLY hard.  By the time I drove to work the roads were getting covered with snow.  At work I looked out the lab door window on occasion, and it just continued to snow and snow!

When I quit work it was still snowing and as I drove out the road It got snowier and snowier.  A snowplow went by going the other way and sprayed my car with snow.  Through the windshield it looked like full on winter.  A winter wonderland with all the spruce trees bowed down with snow.  I could not believe it!

As I approached the pass it was practically a whiteout and there was a foot of dry powder on the road.  The top of the snow was scraping the car's under carriage.  I started skiing up the mountain, and suddenly it started clearing off.  I thought could it actually get sunny?  And it did!  Of course I had forgotten my sunglasses, and so by the time I got near the top I was skinning with my eyes closed.

Fantastic skiing and I skiied all the way to the car which I have not been able to do for over a month.  By the time I got back to town all the snow at sea level was gone and the roads black and dry.  Wow!  Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment