Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Chiniak Dawn

 


The last couple of work days I've been monitoring road construction out Chiniak way.  My job has been to help the crew recognize anything archaeological in nature and assess whether it is worth saving or not.  Anyway, it has been kinda nice to work outside in the sunshine.

Yesterday I woke up in the dark and saw Orion in the sky.  Then I drove to Chiniak - an hour an a quarter drive - and arrived at the work site just before the sun came up.  It is the first time this Fall that I have driven in the dark, and just like every year when it happens I realized that I need to clean the inside of the windshield!  

It was a beautiful drive.  When I left home it was full on dark with just a glow on the horizon.  Then it slowly got more and more light as I drove out the road.  Color took over!  And then on arrival, just on cue for the start of work, the sun came up.

Patrick






No comments:

Post a Comment