Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2021

Thanksgiving

 


We had a great Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. So great to relax by a pool, read books, go on hikes, and at night play cards.  A totally different routine than our normal one here at home in Alaska.  We also ate pretty well.  

On the first day we stocked up with massive amount of food from Safeway and I was wondering how we would finish it all.  But finish it would did - on the last day there was no cream or milk for the coffee, but we managed to empty the fridge.  Most nights we would have a salad, starch and cook some sort of meat on the outside charcoal grill.

For Thanksgiving lunch I cooked up a deboned turkey.  I debone him the day before the meal and made broth from the bones while the meat itself brined.  Then on Thanksgiving I used the broth to make stuffing and filled the bird up with hot stuffing and sewed him up.  The extra broth we used for gravy.  We also had garlic and leek mashed potatoes, a salad, and Polly's Brussels sprouts.  All very good!

Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment