Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2022

150 Consecutive Days Skiing

 


I did it! I went skiing on 150 consecutive days.  On November 28th, 2021 we got back from our Thanksgiving Arizona vacation and I immediately went skiing.  I have not missed a single day since.

Twice in the past I have skied for 149 consecutive days (click here for 2021, and here for2018).  But both times I missed the 150th day.  In 2018 the kids and I went to Afognak for Memorial Day weekend and in 2021 I left for the South End of Kodiak on an archaeological survey.  This year I also have an upcoming archaeological survey (supposed to leave for Kiliuda Bay on Saturday), but I got in the 150 days before the firm commitment.

I realize that skiing 150 consecutive days is pretty obsessive, but the goal got me out on rainy and windy days when I would not ordinarily have gone skiing.  It got me out the door every single day.  And that is a good thing.  Living on Kodiak it is also pretty easy to ski.  It is only a 20 minute drive to the mountain; so it is basically the equivalent of going to the gym if I lived in say Rye, NY.  Pyramid Mountain is my Stairmaster!

The top 3 pictures are from yesterday while the others are all from Sunday.  On Sunday Nora and I went up Pyramid with Brent and Vonn and met Uncle Dicky up there.  The skiing right now is at its best.  This really is the best skiing of the year, and it is going to be hard to miss a week while kayaking around Kiliuda Bay.

Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment