Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2025

Brutal Wind

 

The last few weeks we have had great winter weather, but the wind has been brutal. The deep powder Stuey and I skied over the weekend has been largely blown away. The last 2 days despite the high winds we went skiing anyway, and even in protected spots the snow was pretty wind-effected. You'd find a powder seam and life would be good for about 10 turns and then you'd hit wind pack or a bare area where the powder had totally blown away.

Still we got our base of snow, and I have been loving the cold temperatures. On Kodiak it is not often that we get snow in powder form and it stays as powder for weeks. So I'll take the high winds.  But today we might try cross country skiing in the trees.

Patrick










No comments:

Post a Comment