Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2025

Lake Rose Tead in the sunshine

 


On Sunday the kids, dogs and I drove out the road to join uncle Dicky and the cousins at Lake Rose Tead to go skating. I have not gone skating out there in years. It was totally worth the long drive.

Just as we got there the sun came around the mountain and bathed the lake in sunshine. The ice was beautiful, and the cousins were already out on the lake ripping around the ice with their Kitewings. We put on our skates and joined them. So fun to skate on big ice, and with the steep mountains all around and the raking light made it pretty spectacular.

For lunch we went to a beach on the far side that was out of the wind but in the sun shine and ate our subway sandwiches. It was the same beach where long ago I spent a few duck hunting opening days long ago. I'd hide my yellow kayak back under the alder with a camo net over it so the ducks would not see it, and then I'd hunker down and wait for ducks to fly into my decoys. 

While eating lunch I reminisced about how back in the day the duck opener on October 8 used to be sacrosanct. I used to spend a lot of time on the shores of Lake Rose Tead. I also would fly fish for silvers there all Fall. This was back when the road to Pasagshak was still gravel and not paved like it is today.

Maybe I should start getting out there some more again!

Patrick













No comments:

Post a Comment