Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Fieldcamp Flashback


I have my computer screensaver set to scroll through the photos stored on my computer and this image from earlier in the summer keeps on popping up.  It is from our archaeology field camp in Kiliuda Bay. More specifically it is breakfast cooking on the wood stove.

Every day I would wake up an hour or so before everybody else to light the wood stove and cook breakfast.  Once I got everything going, I'd sip my coffee and write up my field notes from the previous day.  This photo is that moment.  SPAM and beans on the wood stove.  Coffee staying warm on a rock by the stove.  ahhhhhh Alone time in the morning.

A little bit later I'd go outside and wake everybody up.  'Rise and Shine!' or maybe 'wakey wakey' and then the day would begin for real.  Patrick

1 comment:

  1. "Wakey wakey" - hahaha. I had forgotten that classic Patrick wake up line.

    ReplyDelete