Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

More Snow and Skiing

Shelly Lake cirque

Some more pretty Kodiak snow pictures and a video from the past week.  They make it look like Kodiak is a winter wonderland when it most definitely is NOT.  Not this winter anyway.  All these places took a lot of work to reach.

The bottom photo is of Heitman Lake and I was really happy to discover it has good XC ski conditions. It is only a half hour hike up from the road, and it only takes a 20 minute drive to get there.  So that is actually pretty convenient!  The top two photos are from Sharatin - I went back up there on Sunday.

I also tried to post a 10 second video of Nora skiing on Sharatin Saturday.  I hope it works.  I seem to remember that in the past videos did not work very well on the blog.  I like the video because you can see the sea behind Nora as she skis down.  It looks like she is skiing above Lake Tahoe or something.  Patrick

The big bowl on Sharatin - that's east side side snow trying to get over the summit to the west side

Heitman Lake - and my beat in 'gerbil' XC ski track


No comments:

Post a Comment