Search This Blog
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Putting someone in the landscape
Yesterday I posted a panoramic landscape picture of Heitman lake. There was no one in the photo and consequently it was sort of boring. Without anyone in there it was also really hard to assess the scale of things in the picture. The lake did not look very big. So yesterday I decided to put someone in the photos, and since I generally ski alone - it had to me. More self timer, ski selfies!
But for these pictures I created a number of pictures to stitch together and used the one with me in it for just one of the frames. I set the camera to take 3 photos in succession and I was kind of hoping that if I stitched all of them together you would see multiple copies of me skiing away in a rapid fire sequence. But it was not to be - the panoramic stitching software chose the closest picture of me every time and obliterated my clones from the other frames. Oh well.
The resulting panoramic pictures are still not all that exciting but I think they are more interesting with someone in them! Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment