Search This Blog
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Sunrise and Sunset
This morning I was in a rush to get to work. I had left the leaving until too late, and I was racing around the house getting ready. I felt like the girl rushing to work in the Bangles song - 'And if I had an air-o-plane I still couldn't make it on time'. But I managed to get into the car and leave the house with 10 minutes to spare. It looked like I was going to get there on time! Even without the air-o-plane!
And then I saw the sunrise. Absolutely gorgeous. I just had to take a picture. So resigned to being a tiny bit late to work I took a detour and turned off onto the Hoser Bridge to Near Island and took pictures of town and the museum all lit up in the morning sunrise. Totally worth it.
Then in the evening I caught an equally gorgeous sunset while walking the dogs at Abercrombie State Park. I missed the actual sunset, but I caught the gloaming. I walked around the lake with the dying light reflecting off of the ice and water. Sort of dark but not quite. Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment