Search This Blog
Tuesday, February 5, 2019
Tanner Crab
Last week was the end of the tanner crab fishery for Kodiak. All the fishermen returned to port and the town was awash with crab. You could buy live ones on the docks, and everybody seemed to know somebody who had crab. I had my sources and I had crab for multiple meals - and still have a bunch in the freezer. Most of the time I just ate it straight out of the shell. But then for each evening meal I set aside a dish of crab to save for later. I'd fill a bowl with the pickings. This meant I could have crab salads the next day. I think my favorite salad was the one pictured on top - tanner crab, sauerkraut beets, blue cheese, cherry tomatoes and escarole lettuce with a balsamic vinaigrette on top. mmmmmm
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment