Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Snow falling on Trees


I took these pictures last Saturday when we had our last decent snow storm, and I had forgotten to post them.  This was the storm that turned to mostly rain at our house but was pretty much all snow just a short ways inland.

What is amazing is that it has stayed cold, and that even at our house the snow is still soft on top.  You most definitely can not walk on the crust.  Inland the trees still even have snow on their branches after almost a whole week has passed.  This is not the typical Kodiak weather of the last few winters.  I do remember that when I moved here we generally had a month or 2 of this sort of weather every winter.  But with climate change it is no longer the norm.

A snowy landscape is so much brighter and cheerful.  You can walk under the trees in the park at night without a flashlight.  The light reflects off of the snow like there is a full moon. Nothing dark and brown  about the past few weeks!

I certainly appreciate it and am taking advantage of it.
Patrick




No comments:

Post a Comment