We celebrated the arrival of 2020 with fireworks. We did not stay up late on the 31rst to do so but rather waited until the evening of the 1rst. At this time of year Alaska it is dark by 5 PM so we did not have stay up very late either. So much better than fireworks on the 4rth of July when it does not get dark until 1 AM!
But it was cold! Temperatures were hovering around 10 degrees which is unusually cold for Kodiak. I took a bunch of pictures with my fancy camera and they all turned out badly. It turned out that I had the manual focus set on 1 meter distance and all the pictures were out of focus. Since it was dark I did not know that I was doing it all wrong. Good thing Mike P had his iPhone! All but the top photo was taken with his phone.
Here is to 2020 may it be a GREAT decade.
Patrick




No comments:
Post a Comment