Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Pretty Snow Pictures


Every season has its theme and in winter that is generally snow.  And this winter with all the snow I have been taking more pictures than usual.  I also find myself taking the same pictures I did in years past.  This is true of summer too.  Compositionally certain landscapes work better depending on the season.  Every winter I take the same pictures of Sharatin looming and lit up white in the sunlight, and I've taken exact same landscape seen just below numerous times in the past.

However, I do think I get better at capturing the same landscape.  I figure out how to get the light right, and remember the mistakes that doomed the picture in the past.  Also the light and clouds are always changing and I am always on the lookout when I approach the places that are compositionally good  - I think I finally got it right in the picture below but I still wish I had extended the view a little more to the right (I actually did this but the light failed at the last moment).

All that said, I have become bored with certain views and have stopped taking the picture.  This is true of Abercrombie in particular.  And yet if the light is just right I might give it a try anyway!
Patrick



Sharatin in the distance



No comments:

Post a Comment