Search This Blog
Monday, February 10, 2020
Pillar Mountain
Saturday afternoon I skied Pillar Mountain. I was hoping to find some sun warmed corn snow on the steep south facing slopes above town. And find it I did. I also realized that some of those slopes are super scary steep! I did not know the mountain well enough to take advantage of the good snow conditions. It is not often we have enough snow to ski the frontside of Pillar.
It was a beautiful afternoon and there was a weird golden haze - almost like during the summer when we got the forest fire smoke drifting in from the mainland. It made for some spectacular visuals. I noticed a lot of deer hanging out in the trees near the top and realized that they are doing better now that they can walk on top of the snow crust. Earlier when the snow was soft they could not move.
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment