Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Shoveling out the Driveway

Time to start shoveling
I have a fairly long driveway and it was a daunting task that faced me after we 30 inches of new snow Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday I just bulled the car through the drifts.  The snow was deeper than the grill and the car acted like a snowplow.  Snow flew up and over the car as I drove to the road.   I drove back and forth a few times and left it at that as it continued to snow.

But come Thursday afternoon when it finally stopped snowing I realized that I had to do something.  The Hyundai was buried.  If I did nothing the next warm spell would turn everything to ice and the Hyundai would be stuck until spring.  And so I started to shovel, and shovel and shovel.  I also realized that I needed to shovel out the ridge between the tire ruts so that cars did not high center when it all turned to ice.  So I did that and thenI saw that the path needed to be a bit wider.  I'd do a little and think I was done - and then I would do a little more.  And finally it was all done!

Or so I thought.  On Friday I decided to go to work early and found that the snow plows had been hard at work too.  I was blocked in with a snowplow berm.  So I did another 30 minutes or so of shoveling and off to work I went.

My driveway is ready for the next storm, and right now it is snowing again.  But it is supposed turn to rain.  I'm praying for snow - fingers crossed.
Patrick

All shoveled and ready for the next storm

A surprise on the way to work



No comments:

Post a Comment